An easier version of a Cuisinart recipe. I believe this recipe is as good as the quality of your vinaigrette.
- Clean and oil your grill grate. Turn on and heat to medium high heat.
- Cut pears in half and scoop out the cores. Slice a piece off the skin side so it will lay flat without rolling. Brush with a light oil (see Recipe #369334). Place pears cut-side down on the grill. Cover and cook until heated through and nice grill marks appear, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast walnuts in small pan over medium heat on stovetop until toasted, about 5 minutes. Pour walnuts in small bowl and while still warm add gargonzola and mix so cheese melts. Add honey. Stir lightly to incorporate.
- Toss arugula or other greens very lightly with vinaigrette. Divide onto four plates.
- When pears are nicely grilled on cut side turn over and divide gorgonzola mixture among pears. Grill for a couple minutes more. Remove pears and place ½ pear on each of the four plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve warm.