Grilled Pear and Prosciutto Starter
photo by LizzieBug
- Ready In:
- Peel, halve, and core the pears.
- Grill the pears on medium heat, turning once, until they are heated through and have nice grill marks on both sides. 5-7 minutes.
- Alternately, you can sauté the pears in a little butter or apple juice to heat them through and soften them up a bit.
- Place one pear half on each plate.
- Top each pear half with a slice of prosciutto, followed by a slice of parmesan (use a potato peeler to get a nice, thin slice), and then a mint leaf.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar around each pear half.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I’m a 20-something writer living with my wonderful husband of four years and our headstrong basenji pup in the Southeastern part of the US. We're expecting our first baby in Feb '09. DH and I love to travel. We barely get back from one trip before we’re planning the next one! Earlier this year we visited Australia and New Zealand and seriously thought about never coming home! We’re not sure where we’re headed next. Argentina is high on the list, But then again, so are Greece, South Africa, and Russia. So many places to experience, so little time—and money! I read and craft in my down-time. You’ll never find me without a book tucked away in my bag or one of my pockets and I’ve always got some kind of craft project going on. DH is a tennis player so we spend a lot of time out on the courts. Well, he’s out on the courts; I’m on the sidelines guarding the beer!