Broiled Pear and Prosciutto Toasts
photo by spicyperspective
- Ready In:
- Preheat the broiler on high and set the oven rack to a high position. Lay the pear slices on a baking sheet.
- Brush them with oil on both sides and sprinkle them with salt. Broil the pears for 2-4 minutes--until the edges are crisp and the flesh is tender.
- Smear a tablespoon of soft creamy cheese across each English muffin half. Once the pears are tender, lay one on each toast.
- Place the toasts on the baking sheet and top each with a slice of prosciutto.
- Broil again for 2-4 minutes, until the prosciutto and muffin edges are crispy. Serve warm!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a cooking instructor and food writer sharing recipes, cooking tips and SPICY thoughts!</p> <p><strong><img title=Sommer @ A Spicy Perspective src=http://aspicyperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/11-300x240.jpg alt=Sommer Collier width=300 height=240 /></strong></p> <p><strong>Check out all my recipes at <a href=http://www.aspicyperspective.com>www.aspicyperspective.com!</a></strong></p>