Pear and Prosciutto Pizza with Caramelized Onions
This looked so wonderfully unique that I had to post it. From the Houston Chronicle.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 small individual prepared pizza crust (4 inches)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add onions and cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently (about 25 minutes) until onions are very soft and golden brown Add sugar and cook five more minutes.
- Place pizza crusts on a large baking sheet.
- Top with equal amounts of mozzarella, onions, pears, prosciutto and Parmesano Bake approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden Sprinkle top with thyme and let cool slightly.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Makes 4 main dish or 16 appetiser servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've made this pizza as written, which is wonderful, but I also like to sprinkle some bleu cheese on it, which is great with the pears & caramelized onion. Sometimes I sub sage for the thyme, depending on what looks best from my herb garden, and the last time I made it, I added some sliced mini-pearl tomatoes, which was a beautiful and tasty addition. Great recipe, Molly!Reply
see 3 more