Tossed Green Salad With Gorgonzola & Pear Dressing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found in an online search in response to a request, this sounds so good that I'm posting it so I can find it! Developed by CeCe Sullivan of The Seattle Times food staff.
- Ready In:
- 2 canned pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (15 grinds)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 ripe bosc pear
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, finely crumbled
To prepare the dressing:
- In a blender or food processor, puree the.
- drained pear halves with the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper until very smooth and silky.
- Transfer to a jar, cover andrefrigerate.
- To prepare the salad: Place the chopped walnuts in a small dry skillet. Toast over medium heat about 4 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the salad mix in a bowl and cover with a paper towel. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Peel the tough outer skin from the bell pepper with a vegetable peeler. You probably won't be able to get all of the peeling off, especially in the crevices of the pepper. Stem, seed and finely sliver the pepper; put.
- into the bowl with the salad.
- Just before serving, core and dice the pear and add to the salad with the walnuts and Gorgonzola. Add the dressing, toss to coat and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a wonderful warm, summer early-evening salad. DH and I both enjoyed it with a glass of Blanc. I think it would also taste great with a bit of baby spinach if you didn't have access to mixed salad greens. For this and other salads, I plate them and pop them into the freezer for about 60 - 90 seconds to give them an edge. This is a great salad, Thanks Impera!Reply