1/1 Photo of Grilled Lamb Riblets
5 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I love lamb riblets and this is a great way to cook them on the grill--I think it will work for lamb chops too just changing the cooking times. The original recipe called for lemons, but when I made this I was out of lemons so used lime for rubbing on the lamb itself. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 1990)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
To make the glaze
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, minced
For the ribs
- 1To make the glaze: in a saucepan over medium high heat melt butter and oil together. Stir in shallots and sauté for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2Stir in garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in thyme and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in honey and lemon juice and bring to a simmer, stirring until honey dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Stir in mint and simmer stirring frequently for 10 more minutes or until glaze is thick.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Cover and let stand for 3 hours. (*Glaze can be prepared one day ahead, covered and refrigerated. Before using, stir over low heat until heated.).
- 8To prepare riblets: rub riblets with cut sides of lemons (or limes see note above in description). Season both sides with spices, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand for 45 minutes while preparing barbecue grill.
- 9Prepare grill to medium high heat. Brush grill with oil.
- 10Place ribs on grill and sear for 8 - 10 minutes per side.
- 11Cover with grill lid or aluminum foil and continue grilling, turning occasionally for 20-30 minutes or until lamb is done. Uncover.
- 12Brush riblets with some of the glaze and continue grilling for 10 minutes or until lightly charred.
- 13Cut riblets into serving pieces and then arrange them on platter, garnishing with mint and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lamb Riblets
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 74.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: