Greek Grilled Lamb Chops in Wine and Honey Marinade
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dried oregano (can use 2 teaspoons (or more)
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (can use black pepper)
- 8 lamb chops (about 1 to 1-1/4-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix/whisk the wine, oil, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt and cayenne or black pepper until well blended.
- Arrange the lamb chops in a single layer in a glass dish; turn to coat with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning often.
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Transfer the lamb to plates and season with salt and pepper (I use seasoning salt).
- Mix the honey into the marinade.
- Grill lamb to desired tenderness, turning and basting often with the marinade (for medium-rare grill about 10 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These lamb chops were moist, juicy and flavorful. We enjoyed them. We marinated 24 hours. I used 2 tsp dried oregano because that is what I was guessing was meant in the ingredient list. I used good lamb loin chops. While we enjoyed this recipe, we weren't sure that chops such as these needed all of this "dressing up" and think we enjoy them more simply prepared (ie., grilled with just salt, pepper and some rosemary). Next time, we would use a lesser quality chop, such as a shoulder chop or something along those lines that could benefit from the marinating and extra flavoring. Thanks, Kitten!