Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
grilled hearts of romaine salad with pear, hazelnut and red onion... so good, you won't believe it.
- 4 heads romaine lettuce hearts
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup dolce gorgonzola
- 1⁄3 cup lightly toasted hazelnuts
- 1 wafer thin sliced bosc pear
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- white pepper
- Cut lettuce in half lengthwise. Brush cut side with olive oil
- Place lettuce, cut side down on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes long enough to have light grill marks.
- Remove from grill and place cut side up on individual plates.
- Divide equally the cheese, onion, hazelnut and bosc pear.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Add the black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- In bowl, whisk vinegar, honey and mustard. Very slowly add oil in an even stream and whisk until smooth and well integrated. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add small amount of water if necessary.