1/4 Photos of Grilled Fish on Skewers
2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe comes from a Moroccan cookbook that I once found in a bargain book shop. You can either use the grill on your oven or BBQ them. They are really tasty and served with green salad they make a light meal. The coriander in this recipe refers to fresh leaves/cilantro, not the seeds. The preparation time includes time for marinating, otherwise it would only be about 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g thick firm white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes (such as monkfish or cod)
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 29.58 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml saffron
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1In a bowl mix all ingredients apart from the fish.
- 2Add the fish to the marinade and make sure it is coated all over.
- 3Leave to marinate for at least two hours, stirring from time to time.
- 4Divide the fish onto four skewers. (Tip: If you use bamboo ones soak them in water beforehand to stop them from burning).
- 5Place under a hot grill or onto the BBQ and leave for about 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- 6Turn only once.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Fish on Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 117.2 mg
- Sodium 709.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 32.4 g