Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from a Moroccan cookbook that I once found in a bargain book shop. You can either use the grill on your oven or BBQ them. They are really tasty and served with green salad they make a light meal. The coriander in this recipe refers to fresh leaves/cilantro, not the seeds. The preparation time includes time for marinating, otherwise it would only be about 15 minutes.
- 700 g thick firm white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes (such as monkfish or cod)
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 29.58 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml saffron
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- In a bowl mix all ingredients apart from the fish.
- Add the fish to the marinade and make sure it is coated all over.
- Leave to marinate for at least two hours, stirring from time to time.
- Divide the fish onto four skewers. (Tip: If you use bamboo ones soak them in water beforehand to stop them from burning).
- Place under a hot grill or onto the BBQ and leave for about 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Turn only once.
Made these up for ZWT II, I marinated some mushroom caps with the fish, parboiled some yams with pineapple juice, then cut up a wonderfully ripe pineapple. Set everything out and let people make up their own skewers to BBQ on the grill. This made a great dinner for a pool party with friends. Unfortunately, the pics I took were useless as I forgot to put the darned memory card back in the camera. But want to thank you for a wonderful recipe anyway.
We really enjoyed this fish. My DH made the marinade in the morning, and we soaked cod in it all day, then grilled it for supper. The mix of flavours was wonderful! Thanks for posting!
Sylvie,This is a very tasty fish recipe,I of course used large crappie filets.But it worked really well.I did bake them in the oven though, because my hubby wasn't here to help me with the grill, and I am not good at the grill,but I can't see where that could have made any difference in the taste,they were very good.I had fried potatoes and made a salad and had garlic bread.This made a very satisfying dinner.Thanks for this recipe,Darlene