Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
An excellent grilled fish recipe that I serve with other grilled vegetables and lemon rice pilaf. Yum! Marinate time is 30 minutes.
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1⁄4 red onions or 1⁄4 yellow sweet onion, cut into thin vertical slices
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, stripped from stems or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 swordfish steaks, 3/4-inch thick (each steak should be about 1/2 lb. each)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a pie plate or some other deep platter; stir well to blend.
- Add the fish steaks to the marinade; turn over to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Grill or broil the fish steaks about 3 inches from heat source for 5-7 minutes (time depends on how hot the heat source is), or until lightly browned on one side.
- Turn steak over and grill or broil for about 5 minutes.
- Check for doneness, insert the tip of a knife into the thickest part of the steak--fish is done when it changes color from translucent to opaque.
- Serve steaks on individual plates with lime wedge for garnish.
- I like to squeeze the lime wedge over the fish for extra POW.
Delicious! What a wonderful way to use garden herbs! We broiled our fish but we will be making this again on the gril this summer. Thanks for sharing!