Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Both beautiful in presentation and taste, this salad uses fresh berries in the summer (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries), and orange slices in winter. Anytime of year this composed salad will bring rave reviews.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries) or 1 cup orange section
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken 8 minutes on each sides, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice.
- Meanwhile, place pecans in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pecans until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, onion, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Arrange lettuce on serving plates. Top with grilled chicken slices, berries/oranges, and pecans. Drizzle each with dressing to serve.