This one is not only quick and easy, it's also pretty healthy. You could also replace the plums with peaches, nectarines, or pineapple. From Cooking Light.
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped ripe plum (about 2 plums)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- To prepare chicken: combine the first 4 ingredients. Rub chicken with brown sugar mixture.
- Heat the oil in a grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Serve with chicken. ( I made my salsa a few hours in advance to let the flavors marry).