Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
From today's Young Times magazine. This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 -6 green olives
- 5 -6 black olives
- 5 -6 stuffed olives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 bunch lettuce leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 -4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Wash, de-skin and clean the chicken breasts.
- Pat dry with an absorbent kitchen towel.
- Wash and finely chop the fresh herbs.
- Wash lettuce and tear them into bite-sized pieces.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in oil, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp.
- of the chopped fresh herbs.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt to taste, pepper, sugar and the remaining finely chopped fresh herbs to prepare the dressing.
- Grill the chicken breasts in a pre-heated grill or a tawa on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until done, turning once or twice, taking care it remains juicy.
- Allow it to cool.
- Cut into one-inch sized pieces.
- Add olives, lettuce leaves and the dressing.
- Toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Lovely light salad, with a wonderful savory dressing! I used garlic stuffed olives, and thought it was so delicious. Thank you, Chari!