Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is my version of TOH's Grilled Bratwurst Supper. We really enjoyed the wonderful taste of the veggies in this. Very easy to make and easy to clean up.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Absolutely the best! I followed this exactly. Didn't change one thing. Threw this on the grill in the late afternoon, and by 1 hour later, had din/din on the table. Loved the use of mushrooms, potatoes, garlic and bratwurst! They should all be this lovely to devour! Made for ZWT 6 Zee Zesty! June 3rd 2010
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked bratwursts
- 6 -8 small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bratwurst links into thirds.
- Place the bratwurst, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and mushrooms in a heavy-duty foil bag (17 inches x 15 in.) or use heavy-duty foil, doubled.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with the soup mix, soy sauce and pepper.
- Seal tightly and turn to coat.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat (375-400) for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink, turning once.
- Served over rice.