Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are easy and delicious sandwiches for a frosty, cold day. From www.landolakes.com
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon country-style dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- land o'lakes butter, softened
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 4 slices American cheese
- In a large saucepan, add red and white onions, honey, mustard, and vinegar.
- Over medium heat, stir and saute, until onions are crisp-tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread; top unbuttered side of each bread slice with 1/4 of the roast beef, 1 slice of cheese and 1/4 of the onion mixture.
- Top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches in skillet.
- Cook, turning once, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
This is one rocken sandwitch!