Prep 12 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Delicious! Can be cooked on the stovetop, baked, or grilled. This method uses the grill.
Make and share this Grilled Asian Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken (bone-in or boneless, your choice)
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) for marinade (may be processed in a blender).
- Set aside 1/2 cup of this marinade
- Place the rest of the marinade into a Ziploc bag with chicken and distribute evenly.
- Marinate chicken for 6-12 hours in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain. Allow to sit at room temperature while grill heats up.
- Grill over medium high heat (grill open) for 5 minutes, then close grill and reduce heat; continue cooking over low heat, for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done (juices will run clear when pierced with a fork).
- Baste with fresh marinade every few minutes, turning chicken to cook both sides evenly.
Quick, easy with fabulous results. I served this over a salad of greens, broccoli slaw mix, almonds and sesame stix with an oriental vinaigrette. Delicious!
This is a great marinade. I will use low sodium soy salt next time as I found it a bit salty. I could smell the bourbon in the marinade, but couldn't taste it in the chicken. So I may increase that a bit next time. The ginger and garlic are spot on, and it smelled so good while cooking on the grill. My neighbors had to ask what I was grilling! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag game.