Prep 12 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Delicious! Can be cooked on the stovetop, baked, or grilled. This method uses the grill.
- 2 lbs chicken (bone-in or boneless, your choice)
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) for marinade (may be processed in a blender).
- Set aside 1/2 cup of this marinade
- Place the rest of the marinade into a Ziploc bag with chicken and distribute evenly.
- Marinate chicken for 6-12 hours in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain. Allow to sit at room temperature while grill heats up.
- Grill over medium high heat (grill open) for 5 minutes, then close grill and reduce heat; continue cooking over low heat, for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done (juices will run clear when pierced with a fork).
- Baste with fresh marinade every few minutes, turning chicken to cook both sides evenly.
Quick, easy with fabulous results. I served this over a salad of greens, broccoli slaw mix, almonds and sesame stix with an oriental vinaigrette. Delicious!
This is a great marinade. I will use low sodium soy salt next time as I found it a bit salty. I could smell the bourbon in the marinade, but couldn't taste it in the chicken. So I may increase that a bit next time. The ginger and garlic are spot on, and it smelled so good while cooking on the grill. My neighbors had to ask what I was grilling! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag game.