Recipe by Miss V
This is a delicious and healthy one dish meal! The recipe was given to me by a dear friend who is a GREAT cook.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 bunches collard greens, cut into 2 inch pieces, washed and dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and cook until just soft. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic just begins to brown. Add the stock, beans and kidney beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30-45 minutes. Add greens and cook until just tneder, another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over rice with Parmesan cheese if desired.