Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a delicious and healthy side dish with an Asian flair! Prep time includes the time to cut up the broccoli and green beans if using fresh.
- 473.18 ml green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 4.92 ml rice wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml honey
- 2.46 ml fresh ginger, grated (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- If using frozen green beans and/or broccoli, follow microwave directions on packaging.
- Microwave fresh green beans with water in covered bowl on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the green beans and add the fresh broccoli.
- Cover and microwave together on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Drain green beans and broccoli.
- Mix in dressing while vegetables are still warm.
- Let vegetables chill in refrigerator until ready to serve, or at least 5 to 10 minutes.
Good and easy way to serve brocolli and green beans. This was very good with 4 ingredient Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings 4 Ingredient Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings. Thanks Kree for posting.
I used just the sesame ginger vinagirette part of this recipe, but it was easy to make and worked great in my recipe. I made a tilapia salad, and this dressing suited it perfectly. I don't always like ginger, but this dressing was nicely flavored and a good consistency. I will use it again when I need a sesame ginger dressing.
This was very easy and the broccoli looked awesome. Unfortunately, the green beans (frozen) were very overcooked and looked and tasted like it. We could only detect a hint of the dressing but is likely due to the amount of vegetables. I would probably add some toasted sesame seeds also.