Green Green Spring Vegetables Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten
From Ina Garten and the food network.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb french string bean, ends removed (haricots verts)
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 lb sugar snap pea, ends and strings removed
- 1⁄4 lb asparagus, ends removed
- 1⁄2 lb Broccolini, ends removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large shallots, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Blanch the string beans in a large pot of boiling salted water for 1 minute only. Lift the beans from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve and immerse them in a bowl of ice water.
- Add the snap peas to the same boiling water and cook for 1 minute, until al dente, adding them to the ice water and the beans.
- Cut the asparagus into 2-inch lengths diagonally and cook in the boiling water for 2 minutes, and add to the ice water.
- Cut the broccolini in half, boil for 1 minute, and add to the ice water. When all the vegetables in the water are cold, drain well.
- When ready to serve, heat the butter and oil in a very large saute pan or large pot. Saute the shallots over medium heat for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add the drained vegetables to the shallots with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper and toss. Cook just until the vegetables are heated through. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation