This is a delicious and healthy side dish with an Asian flair! Prep time includes the time to cut up the broccoli and green beans if using fresh.
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- If using frozen green beans and/or broccoli, follow microwave directions on packaging.
- Microwave fresh green beans with water in covered bowl on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the green beans and add the fresh broccoli.
- Cover and microwave together on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Drain green beans and broccoli.
- Mix in dressing while vegetables are still warm.
- Let vegetables chill in refrigerator until ready to serve, or at least 5 to 10 minutes.