1/8 Photos of Green (Un-Ripe) Tomato Salsa for Canning
1 hr 30 mins
Summer heat came late and left a bit early this year...leaving lots of green tomatoes! This "throw together" green tomato salsa was declared "the best salsa I've ever had" by my brother-in-law. Cooking time includes canning process.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2267.96 g green tomatoes, chopped small (as you prefer for salsa)
- 6 yellow onions, chopped (4 cups)
- 3 jalapenos, chopped with seeds (1/2 cup)
- 4 large red bell peppers, chopped (2 cups)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 236.59 ml lime juice
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml salt
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml dried oregano leaves
- 9.85 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne (optional, to taste)
- 4.92-9.85 ml sugar
- 1Combine everything in a large pot, mixing well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2To continue canning, bring salsa to a boil.
- 3Ladle salsa into hot sterile jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe lids and jar edges clean before finger tightening lids and placing them back in the boiling canning pot.
- 4Process (boil) jars for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove carefully and let sit for 24 hours. Check lids for seal, and refrigerate any unsealed jars.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green (Un-Ripe) Tomato Salsa for Canning
Serving Size: 1 (4058 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 918.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g