Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
this makes about 6 pints and is a good way to use the last of the garden green tomatoes
Make and share this Green Tomato Mincemeat recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs finely chopped green tomatoes
- 1 quart finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 1⁄4 cups golden raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced orange rind or 2 tablespoons lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- place all ingredients in a large kettle or dutch oven.
- bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer until thickened or mincemeat reaches desired consistency.
- pack hot into hot jars.leaving 1/2" headspace.
- adjust caps.
- process for 25 minutes in a boiling water bath.
This is so good! My mother used to make this often and it is the only type of Mince Meat pie I like. Yummy!!!