1 hr 30 mins
My mother made this dish as a special treat for us when I was a kid. It's not fancy, but we sure thought it was wonderful. This recipe is how she made it, but there is plenty of room for your own creativity, tailoring it to suit your family's tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast or stew chicken according to your favorite method. Mom bought one already cooked at the grocery deli.
- 2Remove meat from chicken and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- 3In a skillet, heat the olive oil on medium, and saute the green pepper, onions, and mushrooms until just tender.
- 4Bring chicken stock to a boil and add noodles, cooking until tender. Do not drain, but leave the noodles in the broth.
- 5Add chicken and saute mixture to pot of noodles.
- 6Add peas, olives and pimentos to pot.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8In a 3 quart casserole, ladle 1/2 of chicken/noodle mixture, then sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese. Pour in remaining mixture then top with the rest of the cheese.
- 9Bake, covered for 45 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven.
- 10Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.9
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.1 mg
- Sodium 647.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 38.2 g