Recipe by Geema
Green lentils, spinach, and parsley give this delicious soup a dense green color and offer up loads of nutrients.
Top Review by PaulaG
I love lentils and am always on the lookout for new and different recipes. This recipe is so good it is hard to believe that it is actually good for you. It has a nice blending of flavors and reheats well. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup french dry green lentils
- 6 cups spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour olive oil into a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and bay leaves, saute for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, salt and garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add broth and lentils, bringing to a boil.
- Partially cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, parsley, vinegar, mustard, and pepper.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves and serve topped with parmesan cheese.