Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you like it spicy, use the larger amount of curry paste(try Green Curry Paste Green Curry Paste). Adapted from Vegetarian Times cookbook.
- 1 -4 tablespoon green curry paste (or 1-4 tbls. jalapeno pepper and cilantro)
- 7 ounces coconut milk
- 7 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 inches slice gingerroot, peeled and shredded
- 6 -8 kaffir lime leaves (or zest from 1 lime)
- 4 cups chopped vegetables (zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli or carrots)
- 4 cups cooked white rice (or noodles)
- 10 fresh basil leaves, minced
- In a large frying pan or wok bring the curry paste, coconut milk and evaporated milk to a simmer. Stir in soy sauce, ginger, lime leaves or zest and vegetables; simmer until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove and discard the lime leaves.
- Serve the curry over rice or noodles. Garnish with the basil leaves. Enjoy!
This was a very easy and tasty dinner to throw together! I used the maximum amount of curry and added tofu. For the veggies I used baby corn and broccoli. I did find it a bit too milky though so next time I'll increase the coconut and decrease the evaporated milk. Thanks!
I used barely 1 tbls green curry paste and this was plenty hot enough :) I used zucchini, cauliflower, a small sweet potato and some butternut cubes. A smooth creamy curry which was very much enjoyed with steamed rice, thank you Sharon! Made for PRMR tag game
This was quick, easy and tasty. I used zucchini and red pepper, 50 grams of green curry paste, 8 kaffir lime leaves, 375ml lite evaporated milk, 270ml lite coconut milk, and everything else as listed. I also added three red chillies. We had it with 2 min microwave basmati rice.