Thai Green Curry Shrimp With Noodles
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chopped shallot
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass (remove outer layer, thinly slice lower 6 inches of each stalk)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro stem
- 1 -2 tablespoon thai green curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) package wide rice noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp
- Puree shallots, lemongrass, garlic, ginger and cilantro stems in blender with curry paste, sugar, salt, turmeric powder, and water until as smooth as possible (about 1 minute).
- Heat oil in a wide heavy pot over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then add cook curry paste mixture, stirring frequently, until it just begins to stick to bottom of pot (8 to 10 minutes).
- Add coconut milk and broth and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 3 2/3 cups (8 to 10 minutes).
- While sauce simmers, cook noodles in a pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender (4 to 6 minutes).
- Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain noodles well and divide among 4 large bowls.
- Add shrimp to sauce and simmer, stirring, until just cooked through. Remove from heat and ladle over noodles. Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!