Thai Green Curry Shrimp Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 12 ounces large shrimp, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 4 ounces straw mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- In a large saucepan, simmer shrimp in enough water to cover, until cooked or orange-pink in color, about 1-2 minutes.
- Cool shrimp in the stock and then peel.
- Reserve 4 cups of the stock. Set Aside.
- Heat the reserved 4 cups of stock in a saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in the green curry paste.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot, green beans, and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in tamarind paste, sugar, and fish sauce.
- Place some shrimp in a bowl and ladle in the soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!