Recipe by Laura Lee in Texas
This is wonderfully flavored Mexican rice. I love to serve it with chicken enchiladas. It is a must try if you love cilantro.
Top Review by Texas Tornado
Great recipe! Served this with Chicken Enchiladas #23052 by Wendy W88. I prepared it on the stovetop as suggested by others, otherwise I didn't change a thing. Thanks for posting!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 jalapenos, chopped or 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute in butter the garlic, onion and jalapenos until soft.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Stir constantly until rice is slightly brown.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in the cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour in a baking dish if you pan is not oven friendly. Cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Bake at 350 for 30- 45 minutes until rice is soft.
- Fluff and serve hot.