Recipe by boldlyreal
From the appetizer section of the complete Sandra Lee Semi-homemade The Complete Cookbook.
- 2 lbs shredded mexican cheese, ex. bagged sargento
- 8 ounces oaxaca cheese
- 9 ounces chopped green chilies, 2 cans ex. Ortega
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 fresh jalapenos, cored, seeded, and minced
- 8 ounces cubed cream cheese, ex. philadelphia brand
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated milk, 1 can ex. Carnation
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cheeses, chiles, garlic, cilantro, onions, and jalapenos. Toss cream cheese with the cheeses mixture; set aside. In a small bowl, beat together eggs, prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool until warm but not hot. Invert onto a baking sheet. cover; refrigerate. Cut into squares. Serve as an appetizer or as part of a cheese plate.