Zucchini Rounds Side Dish ( Sandra Lee - Semi-Homemade )
This is a great little side dish Sandra Lee suggested serving with Spaghetti and Meatballs which we did but loved it so much I wanted to post it so it could be made with anything as a side dish. She concurs saying "it can accompany any entree." This is from her magazine's August/September 2009 issue. It is yummy and the kids even ate it happily. Great for garden leftover zucchini. Very flavorful. It is made with simple pantry ingredients besides fresh zucchini.Taste and enjoy. ChefDLH
- Ready In:
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning, McCormick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, Italian seasoning, olive oil, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spread zucchini in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this as a side to Kittencals Moist Cheddar Garlic Oven Fried Chicken. <br/><br/>I'm not sure if this made a difference but I baked the zucchini on a Silpat and the zucchini didn't crisp up or dry out like the picture. There was quite a bit of liquid on the baking sheet. I also had to double the baking time because after 10 minutes the zucchini still looked raw. The flavor was pretty good, nothing spectacular.Reply
What a great way of preparing zucchini! I luved the elegant simplicity of this recipe. It is easy to make, yet tastes superb! I used a low fat parmesan cheese for sprinkling and Penzey's Pasta Sprinkles as thats what I had on hand. Mmmm, yummy! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Chef DLH! Ill make it again. Made and reviewed for Magic of Herbs- An Event in the Photo Forum June 2010.Reply