Artichoke Chicken ( Sandra Lee, Semi-Homemade )
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) jar bacon, pieces (real not bits)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh Baby Spinach
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken in flour mixture; shake gently to remove any excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, and cook for 3 to 8 minutes per side depending on pan, or until golden brown. Add chicken broth, artichokes, bacon, and capers; cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Uncover, and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Arrange spinach on a platter.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over spinach.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is good! I used chicken breasts because I didn't have any thighs, and since they were thin, I didn't cook them in the chicken broth..they were done when I had browned them. Next time I'll make only 2 chicken breasts because the sauce is so good we wanted more. I served it with couscous seasoned with toasted pine nuts and dried herbs. Yummy!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy mom both with stuff at home and my work. My kids and husband love to try new creations so they are right at home with my love of recipes. It is fun to make something and try several different ways at it. I love to try different enchilada recipes, recipes for various ice teas, and anything that gets food on the table on the weeknights. Restaurant recipes for the weekends are another favorite.