Crock Pot Beef Roast With Tomato Madeira Sauce
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs rump roast, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic and herb spaghetti sauce (i.e. Ragu, Prego)
- 3⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup frozen carrots, slices cut in chunks or 1 cup fresh carrot, cut in chunks
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Brown the roast on all sides, remove to a plate, and set aside.
- NOTE: If you are running low on time, skip browning the roast.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Madeira, and garlic. Set aside.
- To a slow cooker add the onions and carrots.
- Add the browned roast and any accumulated juices.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was DELICIOUS and a real hit (especially for DH)! I thickened the sauce a little and serve over mashed potatoes and served with recipe#153063#153063 another wonderful recipe you posted. Thank you for posting and I will be making this again. Leftovers are going to be used for lunch today! Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #85 - Feb. 2014.