Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Only 7 points plus/serving. Recipe source: WW Tastier than Takeout cookbook
Make and share this Green Chile and Cheddar Turkey Burgers (WW) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first 5 ingredients (turkey - cumin) in a bowl and then shape into 4 patties.
- Spray skillet with Pam and set over medium heat. Add patties to skillet and cook until browned (5 min/each side).
- While burgers are cooking combine the chilies and cheddar in a small bowl.
- Top burger with cheese mixture and then reduce heat to low and cover skillet and cook until cheese melts (3-5 minutes).
- Serve burgers on sandwich thins topped with onion and tomato or condiments of your choice (keeping in mind point count if following the WW program).
Great recipe! I love the idea of mixing shredded cheese with chopped green chilies and then melting it on the patty. The shredded zuchinni also made the burgers super-moist and HUGE. I do tend to like really thin patties for my burgers, but this was a nice change of pace. I topped these with tomato, green onions, and sliced serrano peppers, but I'd love to try pico de gallo on these in the future. It would taste great alongside the strong cumin flavor of the meat. [made and reviewed for Please Review My Recipe]
I detest zucchini as a vegetable...but I think it really comes into it's own grated and cooked amongst other ingredients, and this recipe shows just how well this works!!<br/>DH and I really enjoyed these...especially the cheese/chilli topping, which really sets it off beautifully....with DH even commenting that the topping totally made turkey burgers acceptable..and that's high praise!<br/>The 6 and 8 year old ate the patties on their own, and enjoyed them too...so a good way of sneaking veggies into their diet that they wouldn't normally eat!<br/>Great recipe Ellie....thank you.<br/>Made for PRMR.