Chinese Egg Flower Soup (Ww)
Only 3 points plus. Recipe source WW Just 5 Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- In a large saucepan bring broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small cup until smooth; and then whisk mixture into broth. Simmer until soup thickens (2-5 minutes). Reduce heat.
- Drizzle eggs into soup while stirring quickly and cook for one mintute and then stir in vinegar.
- Heat peas according to package directions and then divide into 4 bowls. Ladle soup over the peas.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a good flavored, mild soup that is sure to please all. I did reduce the cornstarch to about 1 tbl or so - I like a bit of body to the soup, but 3 tbl seemed to be too much. I also added chopped scallions, I think they work very well with this type of soup. I also added some rehydrated sliced shiitake mushrooms, almost more like a garnish, but it does also add flavor. You could also add some shredded carrot or snow peas for interest. I like to beat up the eggs fairly well, and swirl them in, leaving the strands rather long.Thanks for posting!2Reply
This was very good, but needed a little bit of something....I added some chopped green onions and low sodium soy sauce. Don't think the green onions added anything to the WW points, but not sure about the soy sauce. I think I might reduce the cornstarch next time, but that is just a personal preference....doesn't affect the taste at all....just the thickness of the soup. I love egg drop soup, and this once was delicious!2Reply