This is a recipe I got from a friend from church. She served it at a dinner and another friend, Kelly, begged me to get the recipe for her. If you like your veggies on the slightly sweet side, you will really like this. The sauce for this recipe can be made in advance, so this makes a great entertaining side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray 2 large baking sheets with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Spread onion wedges over baking sheets and dot with only 5 tablespoons of butter.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Bake for about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6The onions are done when they are dark brown on bottom, but be careful not to burn or blacken.
- 7Meanwhile, boil broth in a large saucepan for about 6 minutes over high heat until it is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 8Then add sugar and red wine vinegar.
- 9Whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture comes back to a boil.
- 10When onions are done, add to sauce and reduce heat to medium low.
- 11Simmer about 5 minutes until sauce is reduced to a thicker consistency.
- 13Boil green beans till they are tender-crisp.
- 14Toss cooked green beans with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 15Then pour sauce over green beans and toss to coat well.
- 16•The sauce part of this recipe can be made 1 day in advance.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Sweet Roasted Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 143.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g