Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
All the above and a touch of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, simple and delicious. Serve warm or cold.
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and snapped into bite-sized pieces
- 5 kalamata olives or 5 other brine-cured black olives, pitted and sliced thinly
- Mix the onion, vinegar,salt and olive oil; set aside.
- Steam beans until just tender; add to onions while still hot and toss with olives.
Simple, but delicious. I used less salt and lots more olives.
very nice green bean salad complemented by the onion and olives, but most of all, the balsamic vinegar. I especially liked how easy it was to make. DH and I enjoyed it very much.