Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe was found in The Thanksgiving Cookbook, 1991. Using the vinegar sauce gives a distinctive flavor for the holidays.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a steamer, cook beans for about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, then run under cold water to stop further cooking. Set the beans aside.
- When ready to serve, melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add onion rings, then cover the saucepan tightly & cook over very low heat for about 5 minutes or until onions are tender & translucent.
- Stir in the vinegar & pepper, then add beans & cook over medium heat, stirring, until beans are hot & well coated with the sauce.