Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good easy green bean recipe
- 1⁄4 cup salt, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- Add beans to boiling water, cook till desired doneness.
- Drain beans in colander.
- While beans cook, whisk togehter the shallot, vinegar, mustard, tarragon, 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper.
- slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Put beans in a serving bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
- serve immediately.
Had the last of bag of "haricot vert" -(misnomer if I ever saw one !) - but nice quality STRING BEANS for Thanksgiving dinner. This was super easy and very tasty, and we will be doing this again -- WITH the REAL THING !!