Recipe by Sana
This recipe is actually a south Indian recipe. Usually made with fresh grated coconut.But, I make it with dessicated coconut and it still turns out great. Adjust the seasoning to your taste as they are guesstimates. Serve with rice or indian bread
Top Review by Gumboot Gourmet
Made exactly as written. I was looking for a recipe for green beans by Vij, but no luck so I thought I would try this one. Very good, easy & I had all ingredients at the ready. Served with Vij's Lamb in Creamy Cardmom curry. GG
- 3 cups green beans (frozen cut or fresh cut)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely sliced onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon chopped green chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beans till almost done ( I microwave them for about 8-10 minutes).
- Heat the oil and saute the cumin seeds, onions, ginger,garlic and green chillies.
- When the onions get a little brown, add the cooked green beans.
- Add turmeric.
- Add the coconut.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve hot with rice or Indian bread.