One of our special dishes...We have this at most special occasions...easy to make...and so tasty....don't leave out the potato chips...they make it special...
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Cook over low heat until bubbly and smooth.
- Add milk and cook until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese, blend well, until all cheese is melted.
- Add green beans to cheese mixture.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, potato chips.
- bacon and paprika.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Really delicious! My husband said these were the best green beans he'd ever eaten since they tasted nothing like green beans. Ha! I mistakenly stirred the Parmesan into the sauce with the Swiss but it was so good I'd do the same next time. Probably used more like 4 cups whole green beans. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
What a lovely change from traditional green bean casseroles. Loved the fact that it had a homemade cheese sauce and we really liked the topping as well. Now I will have a great alternative for my meals. This really hit the spot with your Lip Smacking Beef Short Ribs. All I can say is YUM! Made for Fall PAC, October, 2012.
DH wanted to give these green beans more then a five star review, he loved them. I used canned cut green beans, an italian blend shredded cheese that contained parmesan and packaged real bacon bits. I think this will be the go to green bean casserole now for us! Made and reviewed for ZWT 8 - 2012 The Fearless Red Dragons.