Recipe by - Carla -
This is a classic American side dish courtesy of the American Heart Association.
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
These beans are just about perfect with everything you put them with. I've made them with an apricot chicken and fried catfish now and their flavors match great. I use frozen pearl onions in a cream sauce but everything else I leave the same. I would recommend this dish to anyone! Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb fresh green beans (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon light margarine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim green beans and slice into 2-inch sections.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat margarine over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly so beans cook evenly.
- Add broth, oregano, and pepper; sauté for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add onions. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until beans are tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick pan over medium heat, dry-roast almonds, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and almonds over cooked beans and serve.