Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
A great summertime side salad. Can be prepared in advance up to three days, though it is best served at room temperature.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch long pieces
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, cut into small dice (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare an ice water bath for the green beans.
- Bring about 4 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Cook green beans until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer beans to the ice water bath and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Drain and dry beans and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.
I doubled the recipe -- and then doubled the olive oil again, so 4T olive oil. I made a paste of the oil, feta, lemon zest & juice from 1/2 of 1 lemon, then added the beans and onion to that, so it coated the beans. Delicious -- DH ate 1/3 of it all by himself!
Simple, easy, light and delicious! This is my new favorite way to enjoy fresh green beans. I have made this dish for two separate parties and it was a hit at both. Thanks!
i REALLY enjoyed this bean salad. i unfortunetly didn't have dill but it turned out great, i also added a bit of the juice from the lemon. thanks for the great recipe, it's definetly a keeper!