Recipe by Colleen M Schmehl
Another way to serve green beans.
Top Review by allison_marie
easy and tasty! I liked the tang of the vinegar, and the slight crustiness of the bread crumbs. I used spinach/chive breadcrumbs from Whole Foods, and Earth Balance for the butter. I also shredded my parmesan cheese. keeper!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans (or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and cook green beans until tender (10-15 mins) If using frozen, follow cooking directions.
- Toss green beans with all ingredients except bread crumbs, cheese and butter.
- Put in 1 1/2 qt ungreased casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, butter and cheese.
- Sprinkle over green bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.