Goma-Ae Green Beans - Japanese Green Beans With Sesame Dressing
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 500 g fresh green beans
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- For the dressing, dry roast sesame seeds in a frying pan for about a couple of minutes, gently jiggling the pan. Careful not to burn them.
- With a pestle and a mortar, partially grind the sesame seeds.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground sesame seeds, soy sauce, sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Cut the green beans if they are too long. Cook the green beans by boiling until desired tenderness is reached. Drain and briefly run them under running water so that the beans stay green.
- While the green beans still warm, toss them in the sesame dressing.
- The dressing looks more like a paste than dressing but that's exactly how you want it to be, otherwise when mixed with the green beans, the dressing gets too runny and the green beans won't taste as nice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!