From Bella Sun Luci/Mooney Farms' company. For best results, wait until the beans are at their peak of flavor to prepare this salad.
- 340.19 g fresh green beans, trimmed, break in half
- 340.19 g fresh yellow wax bean, trimmed, break in half
- 177.44 ml sun-dried tomato, drained, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into crescents
- 1 fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced (NOT dried)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 1.23 ml sugar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- SALAD: Cook the green and yellow beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cool water and drain again.
- In a serving bowl combine the cooked beans with the sun dried tomatoes, red onion and fresh basil.
- VINAIGRETTE: In a small glass container whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar and black pepper.
- Add the vinaigrette to the beans and toss to coat. Chill 1-4 hours.
Crisp, sweet and refreshing! My sun dried tomatoes were in olive oil so I did cut back on the oil and skipped the sugar for the tomatoes added a lot of sweetness. Thanks for the healthy goodness.