Yellow Chicken Salad
photo by Charlotte J
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) can cooked chicken
- 1 granny smith apple (or other tart variety)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- curry powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the apple into bite sized pieces.
- put shredded chicken into a bowl with the apple and add raisins.
- add mayonnaise.
- add curry to taste (I put in enough to make the salad a very light yellow).
- top with a bit of black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used a bag of frozen grilled chicken stripes in making this. I thought the diced chicken stripes would make a more appealing photo then chicken for a can. Don't forget the curry as it adds so much flavor to the salad. Oh yes, the next time I make this I will also add some golden raisins. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! ~2010
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a broke medical student on a mission to eat each meal for less than $1.00. It's an adventure, to say the least.