This is from the May 2007 issue of Vegetarian Times. Cut the zucchini in ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Note marination time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled into thin ribbons (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic in large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- 2Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini and onion, and toss to coat. Cover and marinate overnight, or up to 2 days.
- 3Sprinkle with feta, green onions, mint and parsley just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Zucchini Salad With Crumbled Feta
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g