Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the May 2007 issue of Vegetarian Times. Cut the zucchini in ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Note marination time.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled into thin ribbons (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic in large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini and onion, and toss to coat. Cover and marinate overnight, or up to 2 days.
- Sprinkle with feta, green onions, mint and parsley just before serving.