This is from the May 2007 issue of Vegetarian Times. Cut the zucchini in ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Note marination time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled into thin ribbons (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic in large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- 2Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini and onion, and toss to coat. Cover and marinate overnight, or up to 2 days.
- 3Sprinkle with feta, green onions, mint and parsley just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Zucchini Salad With Crumbled Feta
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g