Top Review by luvcook'n
This dish is awesome! The flavours are spot on and I loved that it was baked instead of done in a frying pan. I cut the recipe down for the two of us...and used no salt added tomatoes. DH kept remarking during his dinner how wonderful it was and that I need to keep this recipe! I made as directed...no need for tweaking here. Thank you Kitten for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon dryed chili flakes (or to taste)
- 3 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons dry red wine (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (or more if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, or a casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic, onion and chili flakes; saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, red wine, 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (if using) and 1/4 cup parsley; mix and reduce heat, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the shrimp; cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a prepared baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (the added Parmesan cheese for the topping is optional, you may just use the feta for the topping) and then with the 1-1/2 cups (or to taste) of feta cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining parsley, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and black pepper.