Recipe by carolinafan
You can turn this into an Italian style dish by omitting the cinnamon and using diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano other than plain tomatoes and substitute mozzarella cheese for the feta.
Top Review by bmnchef
I loved this! I made a few substitutions: combination of fresh tomatoes and leftover tomato paste for the canned tomatoes, some extra green beans and a full pound of ground beef. I also added a little more seasoning - some Greek seasoning I had on hand. Don't forget the feta! I plan to reheat leftovers tomorrow. Yum!
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup dried medium pasta shells or 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook ground meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato juice, water, beef bouillon granules, cinnamon and garlic powder. Bring to boiling.
- Stir uncooked pasta and green beans into meat mixture. Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until pasta and green beans are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.