Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For this recipe the skin must be on the chicken in order to stuff with garlic underneath it. You can really use as much garlic slices as you desire or as much as you can stuff under the skin!
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A really quick-to-prepare (quick enough for a mid week meal after a day that's felt just way too long!) and so delicious Greek chicken dish with all my favourite ingredients: garlic, lemons, kalamata olives and feta cheese. When I'm tired, I generally don't change a thing in a recipe, and having now enjoyed this wonderful recipe, I wouldn't want to change a thing. I used the suggested full quota of garlic, olives and feat! YUM, YUM, YUM! Thanks for sharing this one, KITTENCAL!
- 4 chicken breasts (bone-in)
- 8 large fresh minced garlic cloves (can use more)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt (I use seasoned salt for this)
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 lemons, thinly sliced
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Slice each clove of garlic into three slices.
- Lift the skin gently from the chicken breasts without detaching it and place the 3 slices of garlic under the skin of each breast, then replace the skin.
- Gently rub each breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then season each breast with salt and pepper.
- Place the lemon slices in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, then arrange the chicken over the lemon.
- Sprinkle the oregano over the chicken and toss the olives all around the chicken pieces in the dish.
- Drizzle more olive oil around the chicken pieces if desired this is not necessary but I like to do it!).
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with feta cheese.